There’s much more to being a good escort than dropping your pants and collecting the cash. If you’re thinking of becoming a male to male gay escort, here are some character traits that are essential if you wish to be successful.
- A good gay escort needs a very open mind. Whilst this may seem obvious, an open mind should not be confused with being a manslut. The requirement for an open mind involves being able to listen and not judge, rather than saying “yes” to everything that a client asks.
Some clients love to tell you about their personal circumstances, which can often be far from the norm, and a good escort needs the skills to be able to listen, acknowledge and discuss the topic whilst keeping a completely unbiased opinion.
After a while in the escort industry, a good escort becomes highly adept at being able to be engaged and talkative in discussion, without the client even noticing that they haven’t really given much away about their personal opinions on the matter.
You develop “stock” replies to common questions to which the wrong answers can cause offence, such as “How old do you think I am?” “Do you find me attractive?” – the key in these situations is to avoid it with good humour and quickly move onto a less risky subject.
- A good gay escort needs to have reliability and good time-keeping running though their veins like a Japanese bullet train. Whilst clients are unlikely to slate you in online reviews if they think you’re shit in bed, turn up late or cancel a booking last minute, and the keyboard warriors amongst clients will be straight online to let the world know.
Get 2 or more of such reviews on a popular escort site like naturistmalemassage.com and you’ll soon see that the phone stops ring a ding dinging.
Being early is just as bad as being late, you don’t want to be knocking on the door whilst the wife is still doing her make-up do you?
- A good gay escort needs to be a bit of a mind reader. Whilst some clients will be very direct with their instructions and what they are wanting from their time with you, the majority of clients are not so forward.
Some clients can be shy or feel cautious about offending you, whilst others just prefer somebody else to take the lead. A ‘shit escort’ will use these sensitivities to have an easy-ride, escape doing anything that might put them out, and as a result will leave the client feeling dissatisfied and short changed. You’ll spot these escorts by them not having many reviews or repeat clients, they never last long.
The escort that knows how to take control and use their people reading skills, to deliver what the client wants but are not prepared to ask, are the ones that can turn being a gay escort into a full time job.
- A good escort needs to be both confident and humble. Whilst there’s obviously a niche market and demand for “doms” – the mainstream client market is those just wanting a “normal” & nice guy to spend some quality time with.
Clients often like to shower you with complements, but a big turn off for them is a guy that’s overly modest about his offerings. They don’t want a wet lettuce, but an appreciative “thank you” goes so much further than “yeah I know I’m hot that’s why you’re paying me”.
When asked why they wouldn’t see a certain escort again, clients often report that they found the guy “too full of themselves”.
- A good escort needs to be able to enjoy sex with anyone. The emphasis here is on the word “enjoy” – if you think you can just “have” sex with anyone for money, the escort game is not for you. As you’re hopefully aware if you’re reading this, sex is extremely intimate, so if the other person is not enjoying it, it really is as clear as crystal.
Clients don’t want to feel like they are taking advantage of you. Whilst they are clearly aware the sex involves a transaction, they absolutely don’t want to fuck you like a thing they’ve purchased.
You being genuinely satisfied and evidently pleasured by the experience, will, in most cases, be more important to the client than the pleasure that they receive.
You don’t even need to have a high sex drive to be a good escort, but the ability to derive pleasure from sex, regardless of the person who is trying to give the pleasure, is crucial.
- A good escort needs to trust their instincts. Most gay escorts will go their entire escorting career without anything worse than a slightly undesirably client, but just as with internet dating (which is likely a more dangerous activity than gay escorting), the job does come with a minuscule side serving of risk, so knowing when to turn down a request or walk-away from a situation becomes guided by your instincts.
There are many ways to increase your safety as an escort, you can read more about these here.
- A good escort has many interests and hobbies! Even the most popular escorts with busy booking diaries still have considerably more free time the average Joe. Whilst this obviously sounds like a very attractive perk, if that excess of hours is spent drinking, watching netflix or “insert other crap way to spend yout time” – it will have a negative effect on your “personality” with clients and will ultimately end up with the end of your gay escort career.
Also getting to know more about you is all part of the experience for many clients too, so if all you can talk about is what happened in Corrie last week, you ain’t going to get very far.
Most clients are high earning achievers, and whilst they won’t expect you to be an expert in their industry or field of work, being able to hold your own in a wide range of conversations will go a long way and get you those crucial repeat bookings.
So there you have it, some of the qualities that you need to be a good escort. There are 100s more desirable qualities too that make a great gay escort, but these give you some indication of what is needed in your personality to succeed. Anybody can get gay escort work, regardless of looks and personality, but only guys that are inline with the points above are likely to get the repeat bookings and last more than a flash in the pan in the wonderful world of Gay Escort Work.